Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On A Kick

ON A KICK
By Kim McLean

I’m on a kick lately because I think Christianity has gotten a bum rap. Some say it’s about rules. Some say it’s full of hypocrites. Some say it’s about power and money or the political church. Some say it’s just another religion – choose whatever works for you.
I say it’s Religion with a capital R. God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit is Religion with a capital R.
Perhaps the unfortunate judgment is created when we, everybody, Christian or not, major on minors. Rules, for example. Not healthy rules, but controlling rules. You know the ones. They make you hide from your Christian friends. You wear a special mask just for them, a mask that is you, just not all of you.
My faith is not based on such rules. I have faith, I am a Christian, because I have had an encounter with the God of Love. I have a faith that has been handed down by a cloud of witnesses who have had an encounter, too.
I John 1:1-4 says: “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched (ref. John 20)-this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete” Me, too!
Seek a Revelation of Jesus Christ. Pray for a revelation of the True and Living God. Ask for God to show you what it’s all about, and you’ll realize that what Jesus said is still true: “Seek and you WILL find.”
11/10/2008

No comments: